Friday, February 27, 2009

Family Fitness Night


I put on a strongman performance earlier this week at Elmwood Elementary school for their "Family Fitness Night". I bent horseshoes and spikes, and tore telephone books and decks of cards for the parents and children in attendance. The show was a big hit with everyone and hopefully I struck a chord with the kids about how important strength training and exercise is.

Afterwards, I did this...



I've never been able to do this! The last time I even attempted climbing a rope was in elementary school and I couldn't even do it using my legs, much less hands only!

I'm pretty excited about this. I was also able to climb two ropes (one in each hand) and I even got a few pulls in upside down!!!

1 comment:

Franz Snideman said...

Dan, awesome rope climb.....very impressive!