Friday, January 30, 2009

The Warrior Diet

This is a typical meal for me...

Steamed broccoli and cauliflower

Roast beef and squash with egg

More beef, more vegetables and a little bit of rice

Dessert was two tequila martinis and a few microbrews.

I've lost 20lbs eating like this (down to a svelte 225 :) but more importantly, I feel better throughout the day. I've found that breakfast and lunch tend to weigh me down and makes me feel sluggish and lazy throughout the day at a time when I need to be most productive.

"Break-fast" boosting the metabolism, yada, yada, I don't buy it! My energy levels are higher and I am more alert going through my day with little to nothing to eat.

Was this really how "warriors" or ancient civilizations ate? I don't know and I don't care. I've found a diet that not only keeps me lean but makes me feel good too!

Is it healthy to eat this way? When was the last time you ate that much vegetables?

3 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Awesome results Dan! The Warrior Diet seems to work for alot of people! I have tried it.....was already light and felt I didn't have enough gas in the tank to train. But, the older I get the more I realize I don't need that many calories!

rock on!

Max Shank said...

Nice work. Congrats!

Tony L said...

I've been unintentionally following some of the warrior diet points lately and am coming to similar conclusions. More energy, less weighed down, less food fatigue (can't handle that 6-7 meals a day crap anymore). Glad to hear its working out for you.