Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Day Workout

Knowing I had a huge feast ahead of me, I wanted to turn in a really good workout. So what better than to deadlift?

For 60 minutes I did nothing but pull. 350lbs for 100 singles. That's about 1 rep every 40 seconds.

It wasn't until almost halfway through when I thought to wear a HR monitor. The final 37 minutes of the workout I averaged 166bpm and maxed at 190. That's 100% of my age predicted maximum heart rate.

Great workout! My hands are blistered and I'm crazy sore right now but if you're going to eat like I did last night (and today) then you better be training hard!

3 comments:

Pierini Fitness said...

Good job Dan. Train big and eat big. Makes alot of sense to me.

Max Shank said...

Very impressive. That hurts just thinking about.

Dua F said...

Hello mmate nice post